Published on April 20th, 2018 | by Alan Cross0
The Ongoing History of New Music, Encore Presentation: Airplanes!
[Note: 102.1 the Edge ran the wrong program last week. Listeners to the Edge will get the finale of the series on the 90s. Everyone else will hear this encore presentation of episode 747. -AC]
Episode 747? The perfect time to write about alt-rock and civil aviation! Air rage. Musician pilots. Plane crashes. Terrorist bombings. And there’s a LOT to talk about.
Songs in this episode:
- Stone Roses, “She Bangs the Drums”
- REM, “Can’t Get There from Here”
- Cranberries, “Zombie”
- Jamiroquai, “Feels Just Like It Should”
- Offspring, “Pretty Fly (For a White Guy)”
- U2, “Vertigo”
- Barenaked Ladies, “Falling for the First Time”
- Public Image Ltd, “Death Disco”
- Blink-182: “Up All Night”
Eric Wilhite has created this playlist for us.
Don’t forget that you can get the podcast version of this podcast through iTunes or wherever you get your on-demand audio.
The Ongoing History of New Music can be heard on the following stations:
- 102.1 The Edge/Toronto – Sunday night at 7
- Live 88-5/Ottawa
- 107.5 Dave-FM/Kitchener
- FM96/London – Sunday night at 7, Monday night at 11
- Power 97/Winnipeg (Sunday nights at 11)
- Rock 97.7/Grand Prairie – Sunday nights at 6.
- Sonic 102.9/Edmonton
- The Zone/Victoria
- The Fox/Vancouver
- Live 105/Halifax
- WAPS/WKTL The Summit/Arkon, Canton, Cleveland, Youngstown The show runs at 11 am Sunday. This, by the way, is a great option for American listeners who are prevented from listening to the show live because of geo-blocking,
We’re still looking for more affiliates in Calgary, Kamloops, Kelowna, Regina, Saskatoon, Brandon, Windsor, Montreal, Charlottetown, Moncton, Fredericton, and St John’s and anywhere else with a transmitter. If you’re in any of those markets and you want the show, lemme know and I’ll see what I can do.