Published on October 22nd, 2018 | by Alan Cross0
Random music news for Monday, October 22, 2018
And how was our first weekend with legal weed? In any shape to look at music news for October 22, 2018?
- Queen biopic drama: Brian May’s first wife was cut out of Bohemian Rhapsody entirely.
- Donald Trump vs. the music industry: a timeline.
- Paula Abdul vs. the stage: She fell.
- When you have a successful residency happening in Vegas, it stays happening in Vegas.
- Uh-oh. Trouble in BABYMETAL. Yuimetal has left the band.
- A victory for metal: Between the Buried and me has had a newly-discovered species of an ancient marine lifeform named after them.
- And Tom Petty has a park named after him in Florida.
- Wait: Eric Clapton used voodoo to steal George Harrison’s wife?
- Drumming bees?
- A singing husky?
- If you’re a fan of old-school country, you should read this article on Bobbie Gentry.
- If you have a Mac, this volume control app is amazing. (Via Andrew)
- U2 and MacPhisto, together again. (Via Michael)
- This lawsuit Lindsey Buckingham brought against Fleetwood Mac has plenty of dirt.
- A German left-wing punk band had a gig cancelled when a right-wing protest group showed up.
- American labels want to sue Russian-based stream-ripping sites in American courts.