Published on March 8th, 2018 | by Alan Cross0
Random music news for Thursday, March 8, 2018
Happy International Women’s Day! Remember that as you peruse the music news for March 8, 2018
- There will be one final Cranberries album with Dolores O’Riordan.
- This kid was messing with his mom’s locked iPhone and managed to lock it down for 48 years.
- The latest jurisdiction to investigate concert ticket sales and scalping is British Columbia. (Via Alan)
- Weeks after that school shooting in Florida, the Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School Wind Symphony played at Carnegie Hall.
- The organizer of last year’s Fyre Festival debacle has pleaded guilty to misleading investors.
- Here are your winners of the Canadian Podcast Awards.
- St. Leonard of Montreal?
- Are you an artist who loves classic drum machine sounds? Then you might want to take a look at the new unit from Roland.
- The Flaming Lips are releasing a record filled with pink beer. You read that right.
- Rumour: Your next car may come with a free six-month subscription to Apple Music.
- Fred Durst, movie director. And he’s directing John Travolta, too.
- Pussy Riot is going on tour. Putin can’t be happy.
- Tommy Lee is having parenting problems.
- You’ve heard of pub crawls, right? How about a record store crawl?
- Interesting fact: Americans listen to 200 billion minutes of audio every week.