Published on October 3rd, 2018 | by Alan Cross0
Random music news for Wednesday, October 3, 2018
It was 32 years ago today that the first shovels went into the ground for the construction of what would become The Skydome in Toronto. Yes, it’s that old. And now, music news for October 3, 2018.
- A report says that Brett Kavanaugh instigated a bar fight after a UB40 concert back in 1985. That little story got UB40 trending.
- Vinyl sales are even better than we’ve been told.
- More Kanye news: His new basketball sneakers might be banned by the NBA.
- And the worst job in the world might be as Ye’s “intern.”
- One more: He’s trying to set up a meeting between Donald Trump and Colin Kaepernick. Good luck with that.
- This recent Facebook hack looks worse than we thought. Your access to Tinder, Airbnb, Instagram, Spotify and Messenger may be compromised.
- It looks like Amazon is set to announce a video-on-demand service through its IMDB property.
- If you’re interested in the kind of audio systems used at concerts, take a look at what Ed Sheeran is using.
- Spotify has now been integrated with Google Maps.
- Nine ticket resellers have been charged with money laundering in the UK.
- Taylor Swift gave an autistic fan a service dog. Nice.
- Corey Taylor of Slipknot has something to say about the illusion of freedom in the US.
- Bored? Try this secret Google game.
- Which country has the best mobile video experience?
- The inventor of the World Wide Web has some ideas about where things should go now. This is interesting.
- Axe Deodorant has a record label? Yes, but read the fine print first.
- You gotta love the song Monty Python’s Eric Idle has chosen for his funeral. (Via Larry)